Chandana Kannada Sangha(formerly Kannada Association Of Kansas City) was formed
in 1993. As Ugadhi marks the beginning of a new year and a good ocassion for starting new organizations, the sangha started
by organizing a cultural meet on Ugadhi day in 1993.
There were 30 Kannada families in 1993, when the sangha started
it's activities. A news letter was written and circulated every quarter and the sangha held 3 events in a year. These were
on the ocassion of Ugadhi, Kannada Rajyotsava/Deepavali and an annual picnic.
Chandana Kannada Sangha shall be the foremost non-profit socio-cultural organization
to foster the culture of the people of Karnataka, India, in the states of Kansas and Missouri.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Foster the culture of Karnataka and that of Kannadigas in the Kansas and Missouri
- Promote the spirit of friendship and co-operation among the people interested in
the culture of Karnataka
- Collaborate with other associations in North America or elsewhere in matters of
- Present performing artists, movies, sports activities, other cultural programs,
cultural and business delegations, and visiting dignitaries, with a view to promote and propagate the culture of Karnataka
- Keep members informed by effective means of communication
- Encourage youth of Karnataka origin to develop, preserve and propagate cultural
- Assist newcomers to integrate into the Kannada society in the Kansas and Missouri
- Encourage the social, cultural, educational, recreational and welfare interests
of members of the Organization and act as a primary forum to showcase the talents of the same
- Identify and showcase talent in the Kannada Community in Kansas and Missouri
- Influence/support community service and charitable causes in North America and India